Friday, September 14, 2007

Giddy in Galesburg!




We are here! We made it!
Today’s drive didn’t seem too bad, probably because of our excitement. We got into town about 4:30pm, stopped by the Visitor’s Center for a picture with the “big chair”, because it seemed the thing to do, then headed out to the house we are renting on Bateman St. When we pulled in we saw the POD had already been delivered. Caleb was VERY excited to see it! He said, “There it is, it went on a train, and we caught up to it!” He’s a little confused about the trains though. I’d been building his excitement for weeks about all the trains in our new city. He was a bit disappointed not to see them everywhere, including inside our new house. I had gotten him and Aidan train whistles and I gave them to them when we entered town… that didn’t go over to well either. Neither could blow into them correctly, and I was too far away to help. So much for my good intentions. As it was, I think all 4 of them were crying as we entered town…
We unpacked a bit (mainly to find our mattress to sleep on). Caleb (and Aidan a tad) was so adorable and diligent in helping tote things inside. We made our first trip to the Super Walmart for dinner, and to get a few necessary items. After we got the three younger boys down for the night, Weston took Caleb to the church to pop in on their 5th Quarter. Caleb had a great time!
I’m trying to remain positive about our new house, but it really leaves a lot to be desired… Its very old. Cute old in a lot of ways, but just old old in many others. And there is no dishwasher… and barely any counter space in the kitchen (and I’m not exaggerating). Its going to take a lot of clever organizing to get our things to work here, but I’m up for the challenge. It won’t look too pretty, but it will be livable. I’m just especially concerned about having to spend $ on things that will be necessary here, but maybe not at the house we end up buying. Oh, I’m probably just fretting to fret, but that’s what I often tend to do… I’m afraid of how much toll it will take on my spirits the longer we have to stay here… how shallow and materialistic is that? I know God does and will take care of our needs. He’s proven it over and over again…

1 comment:

copito de nieve said...

CONGRATS ON MAKING IT SAFE AND SOUND!