Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Firsts...

As some of you know, I was waiting to introduce rice cereal to the twins until we were here. They are 5 1/2 months. It is recommended to start solids between 4 and 6 months. With Caleb, we were so excited we started the very day he turned 4 months. Aidan was about 4 1/2 months. Poor Kellan and Ethan... I waited almost as long as I could. I just didn't want to deal with the hassle of baby food on a cross country road trip. (Our pediatrician confirmed it was fine, and my chunky monkeys obviously weren't lacking in sustenance.)



So we put Ethan in the new high chair (hey, he's 2 minutes older, he has to have some privileges, right?), and got out the cereal. He LOVED it! He was opening his mouth wide and diving towards the spoon. He did pretty well too!




Kellan, on the other hand, gave us a look that said, "what in the world are you guys trying to do to me?". He was not as fond of the experience as his brother, but he'll learn to love it in time, I'm sure. (Unless he turns out more like Caleb, who still eats like a bird.)




Enjoy the pics... By the way, we discovered Ethan's first tooth about 2 days before we got to Galesburg, and Kellan's today!!! Bottom right for Ethan, bottom left for Kellan. Could they be mirror image twins? Time will tell... :)


No comments: