Saturday, May 31, 2008

The day was finally here...

Now I know I can't put too much pressure on the kid, and can't impose my likes, but I've sure always loved everything about the game of baseball. I've always dreamed of seeing my child, dressed in his uniform and hat, standing out there in that field with a glove he doesn't have a clue what to do with. And today, Caleb had his kickoff for his PeeWee Tee Ball league (God's Little League). He's on the yellow team, the Disciples, which I know sounds kinda cheesy, but we were thrilled to find a nice non-competitive league to try this out in. And yes, I know he's going to be a space cadet. And yes, I know he'll be the one picking flowers in the outfield. But, at least he'll look adorable doing it!!! And he does seem to enjoy the game. He has had an almost uncanny knack for throwing and hitting since he was 1. Ha, we'll see. He will have games twice a week for the month of June. Sounds doable, doesn't it?
Now isn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen?



Aidan really wanted to be a big kid and play too, but you have to be 3. After awhile though, he gave up dreaming and just rolled in the grass.

No comments: