Sunday, December 21, 2008

Icicles on our icicles,,,


It is REALLY cold today. The sign at church says -1, but with the wind chill factor it is -25 at least. I have never before experienced cold like that. And I hope never to again! (ha) Seriously, this is some kind of cold for a girl from So Cal. Have I mentioned I am SO SO thankful for my attached garage?


We had an ice storm a couple of days ago, leaving the most beautiful glistening ice everywhere. It looks incredibly spectacular to see ice formed over every branch of a tree like that. Gorgeous. Wish I had a better picture to do it credit. These were taken from inside the house. Brrr...


Oh yeah... a few mishaps in the last 24 hours... Our automatic van door stopped working, making it very difficult to load/buckle kids in, one of our front house windows cracked (because of the cold? That's all we can figure.), one of our bathroom faucets stopped working, and we encountered a bat (yes, eeks, a bat!) in our basement last night. Weston got it out (with a butterfly net), but the emotional damage was done. I'm not sure when I'll be able to go into the basement alone again. And that's where the laundry is. Gulp.

No comments: