Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Advent




How can you not love this time of year? (Okay, forget about the "how can I possible get everything done in time" feeling for just a moment.)
We, even Daddy who may occasionally roll his eyes at mommy's 'traditions', love our daily advent activities. Calendars, candles, songs, baking, lights, crafts, festivities, daily advent presents from Granny B and Grandpa Alan, and more. Here are a few pictures just to give you a glimpse.

Kellan

Aidan

Ethan

Caleb




My favorite moment so far? Last Sunday Caleb came to big church with us since we had nursery duty and had to be there for the full 4 hours that morning. When we sang "O Come O Come Emmanuel", Caleb's face lit up and he got so excited because he knew the words (at least the chorus, anyway). It'd been the song we'd been singing as a family the week prior. I LOVED hearing him sing his heart out as he stood next to me in the pew. (yes, you Californians, we have pews)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love creating our own family traditions! I don't know how else to contact you, so I guess this is it. Our new address is 1430 Silk Oak Dr. Fort Collins CO 80525.