Friday, November 2, 2007

"Frost"ing

So cute, I had to jot it down.

It has been getting pretty cold at night... below freezing in fact, and this morning, as we were walking to the van to load up to head to church for bible study, I pointed out all the frost on the grass to Caleb and Aidan. Caleb didn't really understand, so I stopped, and picked a blade of grass and let him look closer at it, and feel the little ice crystals... When we returned home later in the afternooon, he commented, 'hey, the frosting is all gone!'. So cute!

I also love the way he says 'this day' instead of 'today'. He's starting to get the concept of different days of the week, and anticipating when certain things will occur, and he gets very excited when he clarifies that something will be happening 'this day'.

Lately he has also gotten very clever with when to change his wording, attitude, tone of voice, etc, to make a request. He's learned that he's much more likely to get what he wants when he takes all those factors into consideration. On one hand, I feel scared he's becoming a little manipulator, but on the other, he's learning some important life skills. For example, "mommy, since I took a good nap and cleaned up my cars, do you think it would be a good idea for me to have a piece of Halloween candy?" (okay maybe not a word for word quote, but you get the gist.

No comments: