Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Potty Training


Well, we finally took the leap and have started to potty train Caleb. We sent Aidan to grandma's (which was a HUGE help) and spent last Friday and Saturday being pretty intensive with the training. Unfortunately, Caleb caught a touch of his brother's cold and was not very attracted to liquids, despite all the salty food we gave him! He drank way less than normal, and only peed 4 times all day. 3 accidents and 1 success. It was kinda frustrating since we were taking him every 15 minutes or so all day. But he was a trooper, and had a good attitude regardless, other than a couple "I don't wanna use the potty" glitches. Saturday was a little better, only one accident, but still only a couple successes because he just didn't go! The nice thing though, we caught #2 in time and he did that on the potty that day! Hooray!
I stayed home from church Sunday to keep with it, plus the boys were too mucusy to send to the nursery anyway... And lo and behold, it seemed to click. We have not had an accident since then (as of now; Tue. night). The only thing is he hasn't told me yet when he needs to go, I just take him every hour or hour and a half and he makes himself go. (the couple of times he has told me he needs to go have been stalling tactics, get out of bed tactics, or visit a new public bathroom tactic, but basically false alarms). Although he did wake up crying at 12:45 AM last night, screaming, "I have to go potty!" And he did, quite a lot. Hmm... I am still putting him in Pull-ups for trips out in public, I'm just not ready for the hassle. About half the time he's stayed dry and clean in those though... And we use those for naps and at night.... Its a learning curve I guess. We'll see how the next few weeks go. I just refuse to have 4 kids in diapers! and I'm already thinking of the money we've saved just over the last 4 days! :)
We're so proud of our big boy! (and those little underwear look SO cute! We haven't graduated to the boxer briefs yet, but even so, very darling...)

No comments: