Tuesday, May 9, 2006

We love bargains!

The kid's club at the Mills featured a juggler today. Caleb really likes when his daddy juggles, so he was really looking forward to this. Our friends, the Jensens, were there too, and it was extra fun to enjoy the morning together. Sheri has three young children (she's my hero for getting out and about with all three!). Catherine and Bryce were very cute playing and watching out for Caleb, at TCP and at the Chick-Fil-A playplace.
One of my favorite things to do is to find a good bargain. I love to hit sales, save coupons, watch clearance racks, yard sale, and treasure hunt at the thrift store. Its my way to feed my shopping sweet tooth without spending too much money. Anyway, today, we got hats at TCP for about 40 cents. What a steal! Of course I bought about 8; in different sizes and styles, and some for friend's birthdays...
I love how Caleb can anticipate and remember things now... I love telling him in the morning what we are going to do that day, and watch him process the info. He almost always brings up what I told him as we load into the car, and/or arrive at our destination. Today, when I pulled thru the drive-thru ATM, he says "chicken stars?". He recognized a drive-thru and thought we were at Carls! Granted, those are his favorite type of chicken nugget, but he's honestly only had them about 4 times ever, and only once in a drive-thru! Funny!
Another funny thing he's doing lately is calling the sun or the moon the, "moon-sun". Its like he got tired of distinguishing between the two, so he just lumped them together. Its silly, but cute. It's funny how as his language develops, he starts to create short-cuts for some words, sometimes coming up with a word that sounds less advanced than the original one.
He has been so sweet with Aidan lately. He loves to be near him, and to try to give him the pacifier. Aidan usually responds with a big smile.
Aidan found his thumb yesterday, and seemed to love it. I think if he can figure it out on a more consistent basis, we might have a real thumb-sucker on our hand... Hmm... Not sure how I feel about that.


One more thing... I've caught Caleb singing to himself a few times lately, and its so cute! His favorites include "Old MacDonald" and "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes".

No comments: