Friday, July 30, 2010

Overheard around here lately.


Aidan to his little brothers, holding a bible in the backseat of the van, his carseat squeezed in between Kellan's and Ethan's:
"This is God's Word. These are all the words of God. And this God's Word says to... always remember to get out of the house if there is a fire." "Slam. Slam bam." (I think the ending is 4 year old cool for amen.)

Caleb to Ethan who had a toy that he desperately wanted to play with: "Ethan, Mom will give you 100 m&m's if you let me have that sword." (I discovered this negotiating tactic when Ethan came into the kitchen after surrendering his weapon and asked for his candy, fully believing he was going to get them."

Caleb, correcting his brothers after they were discussing the balloons they had just let go and how high they must be rising: "No, balloons can't go to Heaven. The only way to get to Heaven is to trust in Jesus, and things can't trust in Jesus." Preach it son!

Aidan, after being asked by a babysitter how he knew for sure it was Kellan and not Ethan next to him. In other words, how does he tell them apart? "By his sound." Isn't that adorable?

And one more, just because it's my birthday. Kellan: "Mommy, you are my bestest Mommy ever." :) Melt my heart.

2 comments:

rodiemom said...

How cute! Although, mean mommy that I am, I probably would have given Ethan the candy and made Caleb give up the sword for lying. Or maybe not. ;)

Anonymous said...

what sweet boys. my favorite is aiden telling how he tells his brothers apart.:)